NORDIC NANOVECTOR APPOINTS NEW SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD
Oslo, Norway, 21 May 2015: Nordic Nanovector ASA (OSE: NANO), a company focusing on the development and commercialization of novel targeted therapeutics in haematology and oncology, announces the formation of a new Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The SAB includes experts in haematology-oncology and cancer drug development from leading academic/research institutions in the US and Europe.
Nordic Nanovector CEO, Luigi Costa said: “I am delighted that Nordic Nanovector has attracted such a high quality Scientific Advisory Board. I am confident that its advice and guidance will prove invaluable as the Company advances its development of Betalutin™ as a novel treatment for non-Hodgkin lymphoma and of its pipeline in the coming years.“
The SAB will be chaired by:
• Prof. Timothy Illidge (UK): Professor of Targeted Therapy and Oncology and Honorary Consultant in Oncology, University of Manchester and Christie NHS Trust.
• Prof. Pierluigi Zinzani (Italy): Associate Professor of Hematology at the Institute of Hematology “L. e A. Seràgnoli,” University of Bologna.
In addition, the SAB includes:
• Dr Arne Kolstad (Norway): Senior Consultant in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy at Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet.
• Prof. Dolores Caballero (Spain): Head of Clinic and Transplant Unit at the University Hospital, Salamanca.
• Prof. Stephen Schuster (USA): Robert and Margarita Louis-Dreyfus Associate Professor of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Lymphoma, Associate Professor of Medicine, and Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
• Prof. Armando Lopez-Guillermo (Spain): Senior Consultant at the Department of Hematology in Hospital Clinic, Barcelona.
• Prof. Francesco D’Amore (Denmark): Clinical Professor in Malignant Lymphoproliferative Diseases at the Department of Hematology, Aarhus University Hospital.
• Prof. Mark Kaminski (USA): Professor of Hematology/Oncology, University of Michigan.
• Prof. Wojciech Jurczak (Poland): Professor of Hematology at Jagiellonian University, Cracow.
• Prof. Lorenz Trumper (Germany): Head of the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Göttingen.
• Prof. Morschhauser (France). Professor of Hematology and Head of the Lymphoma Unit in the Department of Hematology at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, in Lille.
For further information, please contact:
Luigi Costa, CEO, or Tone Kvåle, CFO
Tel: +47 22 18 33 01
Mark Swallow/David Dible (Citigate Dewe Rogerson)
Tel: +44 207 282 2948
About Nordic Nanovector
Nordic Nanovector is a biotech company focusing on the development and commercialisation of novel targeted therapeutics in haematology and oncology. The Company’s lead clinical-stage product opportunity is Betalutin™, the first in a new class of Antibody-Radionuclide-Conjugates (ARC’s), designed to improve upon and complement current options for the treatment of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL). NHL is an indication with substantial unmet medical need and orphan drug opportunities, representing a growing market worth over $12 billion by 2018.
Betalutin™ comprises a tumour-seeking anti-CD37 antibody conjugated to a low intensity radionuclide (lutetium- 177). It has shown promising efficacy and a favourable safety profile in a Phase 1 study, in a difficult-to-treat NHL patient population. The Company is aiming at rapidly developing Betalutin™ for the treatment of major types of NHL with first approval anticipated by the end of 2018.
Nordic Nanovector intends to retain marketing rights and to actively participate in the commercialisation of Betalutin™ in core markets, while exploring potential distribution agreements in selected geographies. The Company is committed to developing its ARC pipeline to treat multiple selected cancer indications.
Further information about the Company can be found at www.nordicnanovector.com
This announcement may contain certain forward-looking statements and forecasts based on uncertainty, since they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future and which, by their nature, will have an impact on Nordic Nanovector’s business, financial condition and results of operations. The terms “anticipates”, “assumes”, “believes”, “can”, “could”, “estimates”, “expects”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “may”, “might”, “plans”, “should”, “projects”, “will”, “would” or, in each case, their negative, or other variations or comparable terminology are used to identify forward-looking statement. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied in a forward-looking statement or affect the extent to which a particular projection is realised. Factors that could cause these differences include, but are not limited to, implementation of Nordic Nanovector’s strategy and its ability to further grow, risks associated with the development and/or approval of Nordic Nanovector’s products candidates, ongoing clinical trials and expected trial results, the ability to commercialise BetalutinTM, technology changes and new products in Nordic Nanovector’s potential market and industry, the ability to develop new products and enhance existing products, the impact of competition, changes in general economy and industry conditions and legislative, regulatory and political factors.
No assurance can be given that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Nordic Nanovector disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Source: Nordic Nanovector