BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (PUBL) – PUBLISHES Q2 2022 INTERIM REPORT
BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ), a leading company in orthobiologics for the management of bone injuries, today publishes the interim report for the second quarter 2022.
STRONG SALES AND EARNING IMPROVEMENT
APRIL – JUNE 2022
- Net sales increased by 44 percent (32 percent at constant exchange rates¹) and amounted to SEK 74.6 million (51.8).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 58 percent (40 percent at constant exchange rate).
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales increase of 26 percent (22 percent at constant exchange rates).
- The gross margin amounted to 89.0 percent (89.5).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -14.9 million (-25.9).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -0.25 (-0.42).
JANUARY – JUNE 2022
- Net sales increased by 46 percent (33 percent at constant exchange rates) and amounted to SEK 141.0 million (96.6).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 61 percent (41 percent at constant exchange rate).
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales increase of 27 percent (22 percent at constant exchange rates).
- The gross margin amounted to 89.7 percent (89.1).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -31.3 million (-45.6).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -0.51 (-0.74).
“Market approval for CERAMENT G in the US – Most important milestone in the Company’s history.” Emil Billbäck, CEO
EVENTS DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD
- CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, communicated in end of April a favorable NTAP, New Technology Add-On Payments, ruling for CERAMENT G at USD 4,920.
- In May, the Company received market approval in the US from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for the Company’s antibiotic-eluting product CERAMENT G, for the indication bone infection (osteomyelitis).
- In June, the Company announced that South Africa’s largest private health insurance company, Discovery Health, and the private hospital organizations Life Healthcare, Netcare, Melomed and Busamed will include BONESUPPORT’s antibiotic-eluting bone graft substitutes CERAMENT G and CERAMENT V in the reimbursement system.
EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING PERIOD
- Nothing to report.
For more information contact:
BONESUPPORT Holding AB
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
This information is information that BONESUPPORT Holding AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 2022-07-14 08:00 CEST.
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 213 million in 2021. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.